Here we give you some of our locksmith tips when dealing with home and car lockouts, sticky keys and locks that maybe jammed.
Our locksmith tips and as locksmiths we understand that being a contributing member of the community means, helping out our fellow citizens from time to time.
When you do need a locksmith, there is no substitute for Al & Gord’s Lock & Key, to open doors, repair, install new locks, cut keys and open your vehicle doors.
Whether you need immediate assistance or have a lock issue to discuss, call us at 905-718-5168.
10 Locksmith Tips for Troublesome Locks
- Try some hip action,
- sounds crazy sometimes a good bump opens a stuck door
- avoid a service call fee for a door is already operable
- Try some WD-40
- if your key jams, before you call a locksmith, try WD-40 or silicone spray.
- while the “W-D” in WD-40 stands for Water Displacement, WD-40 is blend of lubricants.
- the product’s formulation contains anti-corrosion agents, ingredients for penetration, water displacement and soil removal. WD40 works as a lubricant, can help unfreeze locks, lubricates the pins in lock jams and is an easily fix with the spray.
- The Old Bait & Switch
- unscrupulous locksmiths give you a super low price over the phone
- upon arrival they’ll tell you it’s more expensive or it’s a bigger issue than reported
- they try to sell you on something other product or service entirely
- see our page on locksmith scams in Durham Region
- Always Re-Key locks in a new home
- builders may have a master key
- previous owners & unknown persons may have keys to your home
- rekeying locks ensures your safety in a new homeGood locks are good security
- you get what you pay for in locks
- cheap locks are easy to break and pick
- keep your home & business secure
- Car Lockouts & Lost Keys
- dealership or locksmith
- call a locksmith for car key replacements & lockouts
- locksmiths will come to you, and are cheaper to make keys
- Only call one locksmith
- if you call a reputable locksmith they’ll be there as soon as possible
- it’s very frustrating for a locksmith to hurry to your location, only to find another locksmith on location
- Use locksmiths who specialize in car locks.
- Our locksmiths can duplicate car keys that your auto dealer assured you could not be duplicated
- Two’s Company…Three’s A Crowd
- don’t make your locksmith the third wheel in your divorce action.
- be lawful in this pursuit to the punch to change the locks first.
- Can they be duplicated?
- may Not Be 100% True
- ask a locksmith you can trust about keys that really can’t be duplicated.
- Avoid Flea-market Finds
- locked boxes you bought for a couple of bucks can cost way more to open
- if there is something inside,
- someone else has already tried looking.
Comments are closed.